Monday, June 29, 2009

Homemade

My goodness, I don't know what's gotten into me but I've been cooking all weekend. Friday night and Saturday morning I made homemade cinnamon rolls. They were melt in your mouth good. (I say this not in vain, because it was NOT my receipe. I just followed it).

Then Sunday, I made new receipes for Brisket, Mashed Potatoes (with what I now call the "secret" ingredient), homemade corn dish , and cheese rolls. YUM. YUM. YUM.

Today, my niece and nephew arrived from Houston. They're staying with us the rest of the week. And, not wanting to break my new cycle, I decided to make them homemade chocolate chip cookies. I make cookies in the oven all the time. But usually I cook the frozen ones in my freezer that I buy EVERY year from the kids' fund raiser. But NOT today. Luckily, I had a spare package of chocolate chips.





They were very yummy. The kids loved 'em. And Mason said, "Mom...these taste different."
I said, "A good different? Or a bad different?"
He said, "WWWAAAYYY good different."
I said, "That's because they're homemade."
And he replied, "You should make 'em like that more often! Everything you make homemade is better!"
Thank you. (I think. Now I'm gettin' myself into trouble. I should probably stop this whole Martha Stewart cooking trip I'm on)
Now go make your fam some homemade cookies!!
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter (the real stuff, PLEASE)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
package of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Bake @ 375* for about 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment