Friday, June 12, 2009

Something Close to my Heart

Our fourth child was born at 34 weeks and spent some time in NICU. That experience forever changed me. Although that little boy is now over a year and half old, that time in my life is not forgotten.

Since then, I feel God has given me a desire to help others in that same situation. I don't know exactly what God has in store for me, but for now I will begin with a prayer blog.

With the help of Kelly (Harper's mom) and Grabbie (my little sis) we have made: Miracles in the Making. This is a blog where we will post babies who are sick, both inside the womb and out. Many will probably be in the NICU. Some made need surgeries. Other may be diagnosed with terminal illnesses. I am commited to praying for these and I beseech you to join me. If you pray for a baby, will you also take the time to leave a comment for their parents? It is our desire that the prayers/encouragement/comments will be a comfort to their families.

We will post updates for each one when they are made available to us.

The interesting part to all of this is that this has been in the making for some time now. After praying for Harper Stamps and starting a prayer blog just for her, I knew there had to be a way to do this for others as well. It's just taken some time to pull it all together. We were preparing to have it up and running by the end of this week. And who would have known that the first two babies would be friends of Grabbie?!? Does the Lord in mysterious ways, or what?! None of us knew two days ago when we were working out all the details that two dear friends would have delivered two babies who both needed NICU? One is doing well and expected to be untied with his momma later today. The other, however, was born at just 31 weeks. He has a long road ahead of him. Will join us in praying for these?

No comments:

Post a Comment