Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Celebration

The Princess of this royal family turned FIVE last Wednesday and I feel like we've been celebrating ALL week long!

On her actual birthday we had a small celebration at home. She asked for shrimp for dinner and I openly admit that I went to the store and bought a little birthday cake (gasp). But it was all good and we let her open one gift...


I don't know if you can tell or not...but the king's eyes still look a little glazed over. He was still heavily medicated at this point. (but smiling none the less, thank you)





Too sweet! I wish they were this cute and cuddily all the time!



Little Miss got a cinderella CD player/karioke machine. It works almost too well. We can hear it VERY well downstairs...much better than we anticipated.
Thursday was the last day of school for the boys. It was a day full of great joy and a little sadness, too. The Prince received some INCREDIBLE awards this year. I think the one I am most proud of would have to be the three medals he earned by making "commended" on all three of his TAKS tests. He was only one question away from having a PERFECT score. WOW! It is unbelievable to think that he no longer will be in elementary. Next year he will begin at our Intermediate School.
And there were more than just a few tears shed when we had to say Goodbye to the Duke's teacher. I truly believe that ocassionally children have a "light bulb" year, for lack of a better term. A year that just absolutely stands out above all the rest. And this was THAT year for our #2 son. I just cannot give his teacher enough praise and thanks. To say that she touched his life isn't putting it mildly.
On Friday, the king was feeling much more like himself. Praise the Lord! Because I basically had that one day to prepare for the birthday party on Saturday. We had it at a local gymnastics gym and the kids had a blast. WARNING - there are more than just a "few" pics...



The princess showing off some new "moves" on the trampoline.

This would be my firstborn in process of completing a flip.


This is my second born who is just having a sweet time.




More crazy trampoline action



Here is my cousin's baby...she is only two weeks younger than "Big E"


Big "E" a.k.a. Little Fatty




Here is #1 swinging from a rope. After a few swings, they would let go and fall into a "pit" of foam blocks.




Here are the babies playing in one of the foam pits.


Do they look too sweet, or what?!

The Princess landing in the pit.


It was time for some cake. Due to the request from the princess, herself, and a little guilt over the store bought, I ended up making TWO cakes for the party. One chocolate. One vanilla.





Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...

Now blow out the candles.





My niece is sharing a bite with her daddy. Cute huh?





Before she could open gitfs, they presented her with a little gold medal. Only the person with a medal can open gifts (smart)


"Oh my goodness!!! I got belle flip flops!!!!"





Now THIS is just too cute! These two are two peas in a pod at church.



"Oh no you didn't....a Hannaah Montanna CD"!!!




Its a bit hard to tell, but she got a pink bean bag from my aunt.







Some of my buddies..






This was taken outside (hence the squint)!








Happy birthaday, sweetheart. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment