Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop - Favorite Recipe - 4th of July Pie




Since I posted a picture of dessert on my last post of "Show Us Where You Live", I'd thought I should share that recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pie crust
1 qt strawberries
4 squares of white chocolate
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup milk
1 small instant white chocolate pudding
1/2 cup blueberries
cool whip (if desired)

Bake pie crust at 425* for approx 10-12 minutes. (Don't forget to poke with a fork first!!) Set aside 8 strawberries and slice the rest. Set them aside. Slice the 8 in half. Melt white chocolate. Cover (dip) the strawberry halves and set aside to harden. Brush the remaining white chocolate on the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Whip the cream cheese, beat in milk slowly, then add pudding. Once you have a creamy mixture, layer the SLICED strawberries on the bottom of the pie. Top with pudding mixture. Arrange the 16 chocolate covered halves around the outer layer. Fill in the middle with blueberries. May can garnish the edge with cool whip, if you like.
Enjoy!!


Now, for those of you who thought we had fallen off the face of the earth...I assure you we have NOT. It's been a whirl wind around here lately. Last week we all joined Michael in Tulsa where he had business to attend to. We had a great time as a family and really enjoyed hanging out with one of his co-workers and his family. We ate at Savastano's. OH MY GOODNESS. We've eaten there once before, but this was the first time I had the ultimate pleasure of having their supreme. Sweet Heavens!! So, I'd thought I should share:


This was BY FAR the absolute best pizza I've ever had. But due to the size (it stands about 3 inches high) I could only handle one piece. It was probably one of the most expensive pizzas I've ever had, but worth every single solitary cent!! I wish I had their recipe fo' sho'!!

After returning home from Tulsa, I was out of town for several days at my annual scrapbook retreat. While I was there I had my first hot rock massage. Very Relaxing! I had a great time with my sis, cousin, mom, and some friends. And I'm just soooo very thankful that my sweet hubs lets me go every year. It is a treat!

THEN, after I came home on Sunday, we left for Houston. We had a crazy fast trip, and now we're back at home. I almost feel like a stranger (not really). I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!!


MckLinky Blog Hop




4 comments:

  1. YUMMMMM! I want some of that pizza now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This sounds delish. Thanks so much for the recipe because I will for sure be trying it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. Wishing I could make the pizza (but no recipe) first, then eat the dessert. Will definitely be trying this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good! thanks :-) (I'm visiting from the Blog Hop...a day late, but oh well!)

    ReplyDelete