Friday, October 9, 2009

FOTO FIND FRIDAY

Wow!! It's been a crazy week at the Rooney household (hence the reason I haven't posted since Monday...sorry) We've all been trying to recoup since last week. It was one of those weeks that I just don't care to repeat EVER. Tuesday night we had a scary incident at the house where I had to call police, etc. (oh, and yes, Michael was out of town). After everything that took place, I didn't feel comfortable staying here at the house by myself with the kiddos, so we packed up and headed to Mom and Dad's for the evening. On Wednesday night, Kate woke up in the middle of the night with her first "middle of the night" asthma attack, accompanied with a crazy high fever. The next day at the doctor's office, they confirmed she had the whole H1N1 flu. Seriously. Oh yes, Michael was still out of town. I thought I was gonna pull out every hair on my head. THEN, I ended up pulling the muscles in my shoulders/neck and started having bad muscle spasms. So, during the entire week I was going on 3-4 hours of sleep every night. Those of you who know me well can attest that this is reciepe for disaster!! On Saturday, my adoring father offered me a massage at his business, Massage Heights. PTL!!! I felt much better afterwards, but that feeling was very short lived. By that evening I couldn't hardly move. Thank goodness Michael was back in town. He's been Mr. Mom this week. I was ready to proclaim massages one of the world's worst evils. But, friends assured me (on fb) that it would improve in a few days.
And they were correct. The massage really helped. But so did the muscle relaxers I finally got!!! I've been very slow to bounce back from all of this, which is VERY frustrating. Doesn't my body know I'm a mom of the go with four children and a husband that travels? (Apparently, yes it does.) On Monday, Kate returned to school. And somehow, by the grace of the Almighty,
no one else in our house came down with the dreaded disease. I'm still stunned at that one, especially since Ethan was caught drinking from Kate's cup. My mom and sister have decided to have a garage sale on Saturday, so I've been getting things together for that. And yesterday, I went on my first "official" newborn photo shoot. TOO MUCH FUN!! Can't wait to share some of those images. However, when I do so, they'll probably be on my new REFLECTIONS blog. Initially I thought I would keep things VERY simple, I'm learning very quickly that NOTHING in the business world is very simple. You're either in or out.
And, it's been HIGHLY suggested to me on multiple occasions to keep the photography site separate from the personal site. So, we now have reflectionsbyamandarooney.blogspot.com
There are a few of the wedding pics that I recently took up there right now. But these newborn pics will be up sometime this weekend!
Until then, Angie is hosting FOTO FIND FRIDAY today.
She's pushing us a little today. We had to find something round.
Given the time of year, I thought this would be fun.
Not the best photography skills, but a cute pic none the less.


Photobucket


Don't we all wish we could be this cute!!??

Have a Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is that pumpkin!!! I love it girl! Great thinking on the "round" theme. I totally spaced that you could do pumpkins with it being the time of the year that it is. YAY for you! Thanks for participating. Hope you guys have a superb weekend!

    Hugs, Angie
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pumkin picture. It is so cute! I had one of those weeks as well. I don't know what the details of your scary incident was but I had one at 1:30 am while blogging the other night. It ended up being that my neighbors car got broken into. Oh my! Wishing all the best.

    Warmly.

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete